7 Signs Of A Drain Clog – A sewer drain backup can be one of the most unpleasant experiences you’ll have as a homeowner. We deal with them all the time, but they are preventable. It’s often easier to wait until there’s a real problem before you decide to call up a Toronto plumber, but trust us when we say, you’ll save money, stress, and time by knowing what to look for and taking proactive, preventive measures to avoid sewer backups and basement floods.
Here Are 7 Signs of a Looming Sewer Drain Clog or Backup!
- You notice that multiple fixtures are not draining properly, and especially toilets. Toilets have the most direct connection to the sewer line, so are often the first indication. But sinks and bathtub drains may also become slow or stop draining.
- You notice strange reactions when using plumbing fixtures, such as when you flush the toilet and water comes up the tub drain. This is usually a clear indication of a sewer drain clog.
- You may also notice that drains are slow to drain, they gurgle, or smell of sewage.
- You see bubbles in the toilet. When the sewer drain line becomes clogged, air becomes trapped on your end of the blockage. When you run the sink, you might see bubbles come up the toilet or see the water level rise.
- If you have a drain clean-out and know where it is, you can check this to see if there is any visible blockage. Or if water is coming out, it confirms a sewer drain clog.
- When you flush your toilet, sewer water backs up through a low-lying drain, like your basement drain or outside patio or driveway drain.
- When you run the washer machine, soapy water might come up the bathtub or toilet drain.
The above are 7 Signs Of A Drain Clog.
If you notice any of the above signs, it’s very likely that your sewer drain line is becoming – or is – clogged. This is something you need to fix as soon as possible, as it will eventually lead to a full backup, causing damage to your home. It’s also best to ensure the problem is fixed effectively the first time so the issue doesn’t recur, which is why we encourage you to give us a call. After all, we are the 13-time winner of Drain Service Excellence in Toronto. Trust us with your Toronto Plumbing Services; our experienced plumbers and technicians will be happy to restore your home and plumbing system to full working order.
Also remember that prevention is key, so that you don’t even come to the point of seeing any of the above signs. This is why we currently have a promotion for $50 off a drain camera inspection to check for any clogs or potential issues, and $25 off a drain snake rootering to clear any blockages.
Thanks for reading 7 Signs Of A Drain Clog