DIY or Call the Experts – In the past we have shared with you several blog posts that discuss DIY tips. These are intended to help you keep up with the plumbing maintenance in your home and hopefully avoid any major disasters.
However, DIY plumbing can cover only so much and it’s important to know when to call in the experts.
There are times when it’s ok for you to attempt to unclog your drain or toilet, but don’t forget what an intricate and complicated collection of pipes your plumbing system is! You have supply lines running to your house from the water main and the sewer lines running away from the house to dispose of any waste.
Without further ado, here are some situations that definitely call for a professional Toronto plumber:
- If you suspect you might have a slab leak, a hidden underground leak in your home would cause a jump in your water bill
- If you need to replace/fix your hot water heater
- Anything that has to do with pipes that are connected to the main water line
- Anything that has to do with piping that takes the dirty water to the sewage
- If you have a major pipe burst!
- If you notice a major leak that might potentially lead to flooding
- If you’re undergoing renovation and need to extend your plumbing system into the new addition
- If an object is stuck in the toilet, sometimes trying to snake it/unclogging it yourself might lead to further damage
Give us a call any time you encounter the situations above; and remember our response team will help you with your plumbing needs!
Thanks for reading.