Top 5 Plumbing Resolutions for 2015 – With the new year around the corner, it’s a good time to review the ways in which you can save time, resources and headaches on plumbing in Toronto in the new year. Here’s a look at five topics that we’ve touched on in the past year or so, and how to ensure that 2015 proves to be a healthy year for your home’s plumbing. Top 5 Plumbing Resolutions for 2015:
1. Know how to spot the signs of basement water damage, and address any problems proactively. With snow regularly falling during the winter months, and temperatures in Toronto moving between below freezing and above freezing, that’s a recipe for water to creep into your basement. Empower yourself to spot the damage before it gets to be a major problem, and start getting it fixed before the damage becomes too bad.
2. Spend less on your bills in 2015 by conserving water. Whether you’re living with your family in a home, or on your own in a bachelor apartment, most people don’t have to make major lifestyle changes in order to save a bit of money on their plumbing costs. There are some easy alterations you can make to your day-to-day life to use less water – and save money on your monthly water bill.
3. Check out some reviews and testimonials before hiring a plumbing company in Toronto. Picking a plumbing company used to be a matter of flipping open the big yellow phone book, turning the page to “Plumbing” and calling the one with the first name alphabetically (or the biggest advertisement). But today’s customers are much more evolved, and want to know that they’re going to be getting good service and value for their hard-earned dollars. That’s why you should take some time to research companies that you intend to hire. Check out the website Homestars.com, and you can see that DrainWorks, for example, has over 1300 reviews with a stellar average rating of 9.5 out of 10.
4. Familiarize yourself with the signs of hard water in your home. Hard water can cause problems over the lifespan of the fixtures and appliances in your home. Mineral deposits can build up within pipes, which can slowly damage them if you don’t intervene. In addition, hard water can slow the flow of water through pipes over time. Tap water in Toronto tends to be in the moderate range, but you can take steps to soften the water in your home if you see signs of hard water in your home’s plumbing.
5. Be aware ahead of time whether a particular problem can be easily fixed, or whether it calls for the experts. Plumbing is a trade best left to the professionals. While there are a few minor problems that most people can work on fixing themselves – mildy clogged drains and the like – bigger jobs should be left to the experts. Incorrect fixes can cost you time, and potentially be dangerous. Plus, you might end up spending more money in the long run than if it were addressed correctly in the first place. If you’re not sure, don’t take the chance… call in the Toronto plumbing professionals at DrainWorks.
It’s been another great year for DrainWorks, serving our customers in the GTA. We’re excited to enter our 20th year as a company in 2015, and we promise, as always, to stay completely committed to our principles of doing things the right way.
It’s what you expect from us, and we sincerely thank you for allowing us to serve you in 2014.
We wish everybody a great holiday season, and all the best in the new year!
Thanks for reading, Top 5 Plumbing Resolutions for 2015
The DrainWorks Team
photo at right: What Carmelina likes most about DrainWorks: “Its excellent service” and “nice people.” Thank you, Carmelina!