Use Your Sight & Smell:Like a canary in the coalmine, your walls and ceilings can provide signs that there’s trouble brewing.
- Bubbling in the wall – a wall that’s either warped, or even stained,
- Look up: In a room located underneath a bathroom or tub, water can travel down from the washroom and cause the ceiling to sag.
- Mold and mildew buildup, especially around the tub.
- A dank, musty odor in the washroom can be a sign that there is a hidden plumbing leak, especially if the smell persists after a thorough cleaning of the water.
- If your toilet is leaking, the problem might be best identified not by sight or smell, but by sound. A leaking toilet is a common problem, and in some cases it can be fairly straightforward to repair. Check out our previous post on Why Your Toilet Sounds Like it’s Flushing.
- Leaks underneath the sink are often easy to miss. After all, how often are you poking your head into the back of the cabinet? If you do notice any wetness, or puddling below the sink, there’s a chance that you may have a supply leak. The answer may be to tighten or replace the shutoff valve.
- Alternatively, the source of the leak could be from the drain itself. A common offender is a loose connection or corrosion of the p-trap.
- In either case, you’ll want to address the situation promptly, as the pooling water can damage the cabinet or floor below the sink.
Plumbing Leak? Call in the expert plumbers in Toronto.DrainWorks has twice been named the best supplier of Toronto plumbing services, by Toronto Life Magazine. That’s a reflection on the way we do things, which is above and beyond other plumbing companies in the city. To sum it up:
- All of our plumbers and drain technicians are licensed, full-time, salaried employees.
- They don’t make commission, so they never up-sell you on services that you don’t need.
- Our technicians and plumbers show up on time, and take the utmost care not to leave a trace of them being there.
- Once our staff arrives, they’re there until the job’s done right – their trucks function as mobile warehouses, with parts on hand, so there’s no ducking out to the supply store when they need a part.