Choose a Drain Cleaning Company in Toronto – There are a lot of options out there when you’re looking for drain cleaning services in the GTA. A generation ago, you might just call up a company at the recommendation of a neighbour, or whoever the first company listed in the big yellow phone book was. And while that still holds true for some people, many others are making full use of the Internet to make their home services decisions today.
With all the noise that brings to the decision-making process, it can be a lot to wade through – a bit of information overload for homeowners.
After all, when it comes down to it, you just want a reliable company who can show up on time, and do the job right, for a reasonable price, so that you can get back to normal as quickly as possible. Choose a Drain Cleaning Company in Toronto:
The best drain cleaning companies in Toronto should offer a variety of services, depending on the needs of your particular clog or drain issue. These could include:
- Drain snaking (also known as rootering) – adequate for clearing most of your basic sink clogs, tub clogs, etc.
- Drain video camera inspections – for stubborn jobs that require an inspection to visually see the blockage;
- Drain hydro jetting, a cleaning method that’s suitable for some pipe issues and works by scrubbing away at the inside build-up on the walls of your pipes.
- Drain excavation or replacement – for when your pipes are too far gone already.
How do you identify those companies? Here’s a guide on helping you find the right drain cleaning company in Toronto.
- Look for companies that don’t use freelance, commission-based contractors. This is a relatively common practice in the industry, to the surprise of many homeowners. Clearly, if someone’s not loyal to a company, that could prevent them from doing things the right way.
At DrainWorks, we use only full-time, salaried employees. Our drain technicians do not earn commission… meaning there’s no incentive for them to upsell you into additional services.
- Do a little bit of online research to see what others have said. The rise of Internet review sites has made it easier than ever for homeowners to do some diligence on what others who have used the company have said.
We have an outstanding reputation with our prior drain cleaning customers, including a stellar 9.6 out of 10 rating from over 1300 reviews on HomeStars, one of the most popular online forums for homeowners to share their experiences.
- Look for companies that place an emphasis on clear, upfront pricing. Sometimes, an offered quote will look reasonable… and then your realize that there are extra fees for overtime, or fuel charges, or the like.
DrainWorks stakes our name on our “Exact-to-the-Penny” pricing model – so you see up-front, the exact amount that you’ll be paying, before any work is carried out. No overtime, no fuel charges fees; the price you see is the price you’ll pay.
- Ask about accreditations and awards. One thing you should absolutely be sure of is that the drain cleaning company you used is licensed and insured – this just protects you as the customer. Additionally, if they’ve received any recognition from industry authorities in the past, it’s a good sign that they do work.
We are fully licensed and insured as a business. We are one of the few in our industry to carry the Baeumler Approved label, carrying the recommendation of well-known Canadian construction professional, Bryan Baeumler. Of course, we have an A+ rating as an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, we are a 13-time recipient of the Consumer’s Choice Award for Drain Excellence; and we’ve also been named the best plumber in Toronto by none other than Toronto Life Magazine, twice.
- Check if the company offers any sorts of warranty or guarantees on their work. Any reputable company will stand by their work, to a reasonable degree.
On Drain clearing or sewer clearning, DrainWorks promises to clear the blockage, or you won’t pay. We also offer a lifetime warranty on any underground drain repairs.
A little bit of research and prudence on your part, as a homeowner, can help you make sure that your drain cleaning issue is sorted out efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. As Bryan Baeumler says, hire someone you trust, and trust them to do the job. And as you might know by now, we are the plumber Toronto trusts!
Thanks for reading, Choose a Drain Cleaning Company in Toronto
The DrainWorks Team.